Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ottawa Senators Meet and Greet

On Friday we had tickets to meet the Ottawa Senators at Scotiabank Place. We were given four tickets, so Diane, France, Christie and I made the drive to Kanata.

Outside of Scotiabank place was a variety of interactive games for kids. There was also a used equipment sale. I thought for sure I would have seen Doug looking through the used jocks. No luck though.

Once inside, we received a map of what sections the players would be in. To our disappointment, there was no Kovalev, no Alfredsson, no Fisher, and no Gonchar on the list. Balls. What a huge disappointment.

So, we immediately went in line for Jason Spezza. He ended up with the longest lineup, which was great to see after the rumours that he might ask for a trade during the summer. When we approached him, he signed my photo, and I told him that I was glad that he was playing here this season. He thanked me. France and Diane also got a photo signed for me.

After we met Jason Spezza, we tried to go see Pascal Leclaire. When we arrived to his section, the usher told us that there was no more space in line. I couldn't believe it. There was still an hour and twenty minutes left in the autograph session and they were already cutting off lines. I don't think the usher realized how fast the signing would be.

We next went in line for Milan Michalek. He is a really great guy who is very polite. He signed a photo for me and I grabbed a picture. France got a photo signed for me also.

We then decided we would go and meet Chris Neil, but when we arrived, we found that his line was huge. We left and went to go and meet Matt Carkner.

I think Carkner had a tiny thing for France. When she handed him a photo, he asked her if she liked him better with curly hair or with short hair. She told him curly. I can't wait to see if he grows his hair again.

Finally, we decided that we would try for Pascal Leclaire again. We got in line and were fortunate because the line was cut off a few people after us. The girls spoke to him in French and he signed photos for us and took pictures as well.

I guess I can say that I was a bit disappointed with the evening. It was great to be able to meet some of the guys, but all of the guys you wanted to meet weren't there. Stay tuned though, I suspect more training camp encounters will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment