Monday, June 28, 2010

Bif Naked

I can honestly say that this was one of the weirdest places I've went to get autographs.

I had heard on the radio that Bif Naked was going to be in town for the Simply Raw festival. Great! Another celebrity in Ottawa to meet. The guys on the radio stated that she was going to be a speaker at the festival and not performing. So, after doing some research, I found out that the Simply Raw festival aims to promote healthy lifestyles through raw vegan food and active living.

Steve and I headed down to the festival around 30 minutes before Bif Naked was scheduled to speak. The festival was simply made up of booths in different tents. There was a microphone set up under a larger tent and that is where people would be speaking. Thankfully there was no rain on that day.

The booths were promoting all organic products....from raw burgers to other foods. They weren't selling raw burgers, its a way of cooking the burger on a low heat for a longer period of time. It didn't make sense to me at all. There were people sitting around in a circle on the grass playing various instruments. It really seemed like a hippy festival.

Anyways, we saw another autograph collector walking around and he had already gotten his photo signed. We immediately went on the hunt for her. Until the guy pointed her out, I never would've guessed that it was her.

We went up to her and asked her for an autograph. She is one of the nicest people I have ever met. "Have you guys tried the food yet", she asked. "Not yet. What do you recommend?" She told us "EVERYTHING".

After grabbing a photo and an autograph from her, we were getting ready to leave when Steve asked me if I was going to try the food. No chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment