Thursday, March 25, 2010

Superman's Dead

Sure, he died in the comics and then came back or something like that, but this title refers to the hit song by Our Lady Peace.

I first saw OLP way back at the very first Edgefest at Lansdowne Park. They were headligning the event along with Collective Soul, I Mother Earth (their last tour together) and Tea Party. It was an all day show and was great.

For those who aren't that familiar with the band, I will give a brief background. OLP is an alternative rock band that formed in Toronto in 1992. The band has sold over five million albums worldwide, won 4 Juno awards, and won ten MuchMusic Video Awards - the most MMVA's ever awarded to any group or artist. Thank you wikipedia for those stats.

Now, what surprised me even more about the whole situation was that they were performing at Centrepoint Theatre, about five minutes from my house. Centrepoint Theatre is a very small facility and makes it pretty easy to meet celebrities there. So, when I heard about the concert I figured I would swing by and see if I can meet them.

It wasn't great weather for waiting around outside. There was a slight drizzle and I was worried that my picture or the autographs might get ruined, or worst of all, what if the band decided that they didnt want to stop and sign?

We waited around after the concert for about an hour and a half and talked waiting for the band. Finally they came out and each band member signed my picture. There was a seller there also with eight pictures to try and get signed and he only got one signed as well. The guys seemed really nice and chatted it up with a few fans that were also waiting.

Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for my next blog about the Ottawa Senators.

No comments:

Post a Comment