Sunday, August 8, 2010

Grammy Award Winner Michael Bublé

"Michael Bublé is a Canadian singer and actor. He has won several awards including two Grammy Awards and multiple Juno Awards. His first album reached the top ten in the UK and Canada. He found worldwide commercial success with his 2005 album It's Time, and his 2007 album Call Me Irresponsible was an even bigger success, reaching number one on the Canadian Albums Chart, the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, and the Australian ARIA Albums Chart and the European charts. Bublé has sold more than 25 million albums worldwide." (wikipedia)

Recently Michael was in Ottawa as part of his Crazy Love tour. Diane had tickets to the show that evening, so I figured I would try and get her CD signed for her.

When I arrived downtown, there was a bus waiting right in front of the building. They didn't do a very good job of trying to hide someone being there. Around the corner were two more buses. After a short while, the other two buses pulled up to the front of the hotel also. Michael's handler was in the lobby, and band members began coming down to the buses.

Michael followed shortly after and we headed outside to cut him off. There was a security guard outside that asked Michael to autograph a CD first. Then Steve followed. Michael signed two photos for him. He then signed Diane's CD for me. As he was signing my CD, an entire soccer team ran outside of the hotel to him and asked him to sign their shoes, gave him hugs etc.

After he was done with the soccer team, I was able to grab a photo with him.

He didn't seem very cheerful. I didn't really hear him say anything and he didn't smile once the whole time. But, I only had to wait an hour or so, and we did end up getting autographs and photos. I wish it worked out that well with everyone I tried to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment